BikeWalkCV is a group of volunteers working to improve the safety of people walking and biking in Castro Valley. We have made amazing progress in a very short period of time:
- Winning 3 sidewalk grants!
- Getting Alameda County Public Works to take action on the Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan for Unincorporated Alameda County in marking bike lanes and undertaking feasibility studies for new bike lanes
- Getting bike racks at schools and soon at local businesses
- Increasing awareness for our students walking and biking to school through the “Don’t Rush Safety” campaign, and
- Generally increasing awareness for people walking and biking in Castro Valley
We rely on donations to support our operational costs (producing informational and educational materials, covering entry fees at community events). Please consider supporting us on this Giving Tuesday by using this online form to donate to BikeWalkCV. (Donations are tax-deductible, through our fiscal sponsor, Bike East Bay.) Thank you.